If you are legal counsel seeking a consultant or expert witness, I am pleased to assist you.
If you are seeking legal counsel to evaluate and potentially handle your case, I invite you to consider hiring me directly for full representation -- or perhaps to work as co-counsel with your existing lawyer to provide support in technical insurance areas.
If you are an insurance broker, CPA, premium auditor, or other professional , I can provide you and/or your client an objective assessment of your client's situation and options.
Why hire me as your lawyer?
- You won't pay me to learn about workers compensation premium issues! Chances are very good that I've seen and successfully handled many cases very similar or virtually identical to yours.
- You won't pay to support junior lawyers, office staff, and other expensive overhead. I've been a sole practioner my entire career, and work from a home-office using specialized resources I've accumulated over decades, and subscription databases. You only pay for work that needs to be done -- work fine-tuned to my experience with the key issues.
- My instantly recogizable industry credentials (CPCU and ARM designations) provide credibility in settlement negotations.
- My industry knowledge provides credibility in court documents and hearings, as I often can "correct" erroneous, incomplete, and/or misleading assertions made by opposing attorneys. I can and do explain to judges and juries the nuances of the workers compensation premium system and laws.
- I have specialized in workers compensation insurance premium disputes for 25 years as an attorney, and previously for 15 years as an insurance company underwriter, agent-broker, and consultant. I know the arguments that both policyholders and insurers make -- and what regulators and courts say about them.
You are welcome to view my California State Bar profile.
In states other than California, I provide legal representation by application to the court or regulatory authority. In such cases, I typically work under the supervision of a locally-licensed attorney.